Before you listen think about these questions.
When you meet a new person.
What things do you talk about?
What questions do you ask?
What don’t you ask?
What don’t you talk about?
This lesson looks at giving the best answer to someone when they ask you a question. so for example if i say
What do you do?
what is the best answer ?
I’m working/ I am a teacher / on Tuesday
Now listen to the recording and choose the BEST answer to each thing you hear.
Aftr you listen check the answers to see WHY the answers are correct.
1. Fine Terrible! =Great thanks. How about you?
2. =Hello Kate =Hello Kate, I'm Chris. What?
3. Terrible! =Good morning, I'm very well thank you Good thanks.
4. =Yes, lovely Is it? No
5. Good =Oh, quite nice thanks, yours? Great! I went shopping, I went dancing all night, I had dinner with my family.
6. Are you deaf? Mikel. =I'm Mikel, that's M.I.K.E.L.
7. =I'm well thank you, and you? I'm a lawyer. Not too bad.
8. =See you Later. Bye Ok
9. is it? you too =Nice to meet you too
10. Thanks Have a nice day also. =You too.
11. I'm Spanish =I am from Spain I'm Carmen, from Spain
Hi, How’s things?
Hello, my name’s Kate.
Good morning, how are you today?
Lovely day, isnt it?
How was your weekend?
What did you say your name was?
Ah, How do you do?
See you later.
Nice too meet you.
Have a nice day.
Where are you from?