Sounds English is here to help you with listening practice exercises in English. You can practice listening to English with the help of full lessons designed by professional language teachers.
November 2015 - site update. Hi, please enjoy the lessons on this site. We are working on developing a new look site with many more lessons and lesson types. We hope to have it finished for the new year You can keep up to date with our progress and get a look at the new styles and games here - SoundsEnglish on Facebook
Cool page - Learn the phonetic alphabet - All levels!
How to use this site...
What can you learn?
Sounds English listening exercises let you practice English at all levels from Elementary to advanced.. All the English listening exercises are completely free.You can also practice listening for Cambridge exams. First certificate in English, Cambridge Advanced English and Business English Certificate.
How does it help?
Sounds English uses REAL native speakers and lessons designed by experienced professional language teachers to give you the best quality listening practice available on the internet. The listening lessons can be used to give you extra practice in addition to your English studies to help you develop better listening skills or just help you to keep up your level.
How do the lessons work?
Each lesson page has a simple layout and all the information and techniques you need to enjoy and learn.
- Each lesson has two or three tasks.
- Most lessons begin with a picture or other image to help you focus on the topic of the exercise.
- Each lesson has a thinking task for you to do before you begin. This can help you to think about the type of things you will hear before you begin.
- The first task is usually for general information for you to find when you listen to the recording the first time.
- The second task has questions on specific information, words or phrases you might hear.
- If you want to see the answers just click the "answers" tab. if you want to read the script of the recording just click the "script" tab.
- you can listen to the recording as many times as you need to, but we suggest two or three times should be enough to get all the answers
How does the audio player work?
It is really simple. The controls are easy to use. You can adjust the volume, you can change your position in the recording, stop, start, listen again, whatever you like.
The site is best viewed using the Mozilla Firefox Browser
Why is this free?
The site is paid for by advertising and donations. If you would like to support us and help us to produce more great lessons please consider making a donation here.